The security of your account is our top priority. CryptoSasa’s dedicated team of cyber-security experts puts in place many measures to secure and protect your account and assets.
Our top-level security cannot, however, protect you from a user-specific security breach. This is where someone gains access to your personal sign-in credentials and uses these to access your account information and funds. To help you secure your account, CryptoSasa recommends the following:
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on your CryptoSasa account: Go to your security settings (by clicking on your profile and then clicking on settings) and follow the instructions to enable 2FA using an Authenticator app (which is much more secure than SMS 2FA which is the default setting).
- Beware of phishing scams: Stay extremely alert to avoid phishing attempts that can compromise your account’s security and ensure you protect yourself from having your username and sign-in information stolen.
- Select a strong password: Your password should be at least 8 characters long, using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Do not use a name or a word that can be found in the dictionary or a series of characters that can be found on a keyboard (e.g., 12345 or qwerty).
- Use unique passwords: Make sure you use a different password for your CryptoSasa account and your contact email address (as well as your social media accounts or any other account).
- Scan your computer:Regularly scan your computer for any viruses, spyware, keyloggers or any other malicious software.
- Avoid public, shared or insecure computers: Avoid accessing your CryptoSasa account from internet cafes or other public or shared computers.
- Always log out of your account: If the device you are using to access your CryptoSasa account has multiple users, make sure to log out of your account after every session (if the "Remember Password" option is checked or if your CryptoSasa session is minimized on your computer, another user may be able to access your account).
- Deny requests for your sign-in credentials: Always deny any request for your sign-in and password information. Do not share your account sign-in information with anyone. CryptoSasa will never ask you to send your sign-in details to us, so be on the alert for any such requests claiming to be from us. If in doubt, contact our support team.
- Notify us if your account is compromised: Get in touch with us the moment you suspect that your account has been compromised. We can work together to temporarily suspend and later recover your account for you.